Sunday, October 7, 2012

If You Asked Me to Dance


Woohoo! My first outfit post! Don't worry, I planned this outfit specifically for the first post. I love this dress so much. It was gifted to me by my charming, thoughtful boyfriend to wear to a beautiful wedding at Hale Farm and Village. Now it is my party dress. I wear it all the time.

Here's a pretty picture of Molly and Adam after they were married. This photo was taken by NE Meadow Studios.

I don't shop at Anthropologie. Don't get me wrong, I wish I could but I'll need a grown-up job first in order to afford those dresses. So for now, this is the only dress I own from there. I tired on three and let Brian make the final call. I was so happy when he picked this one because the skirt on it spins perfectly.


I put this dress on everyday leading up to Molly and Adam's wedding, I think it was four days or something. I loved it more and more each time. The fact that Brian picked it helped a lot, too. I got a little bummed out because the dress was so wonderful and I wanted so many more, but like I said before, it seriously is not realistic like at all. It fit perfect in all the right spots, it twirled better than I could have hoped, there is an opening on the back accentuated by three round buttons that shows off my freckles and if you look close the lace has a tiny shimmer of gold throughout.

This is when I began to realize that the reason it was crazy expensive, to me at least, was because it was made so nicely. The slip on the inside is cinched at my hips and waist like it was made for me. I'm convinced now that it was. I only have nice things to say about this beautiful dress, I bet all the other dresses are made for me too and one of these days I'll have a closet full of perfect dresses.

I have John to thank for the chew marks on my belt. He's pretty much the reason I can't have nice things.


The toes of my shoes are looking a little rough, but consider the fact they are at least 2 years old and they belong on my feet. It's character and a good way to feel comfortable.


dress : Anthropologie / shoes : Target / belt & ring : Forever 21 / earrings : Betsey Johnson

1 comment: