I wont talk much about Brookside because I never lived there, but my best friend did. Brookside was just a house, also known as "The Eagles Nest" if you were cool enough. Saturday night was the last party. Everyone that lived there moved out yesterday. Courtney lived there almost two years ago at this point. I met some nice people along with some not so nice people. They threw some really great parties and we played a freaking lot of beer pong. This may seem lame to you and I don't mind, everyone has fun their own way. All of my friends rock, end of story.
From left to right: Cody, Woody, James, Bret, Brandon, Courtney, Tristen is laying across everyone and the little dogs name is Asia.
NOTE: This contains NO spoilers!
Oh goodness it has been a long 8 years. Courtney and I finished watching season 8 of Weeds yesterday. I can't say that it is difficult to keep up on television with out cable and what not because of the internet, but it is kinda hard because I don't have cable of any kind, like no real TV stations. Anyway, thanks to Netflix and the internet Courtney and I re-watched the whole series from beginning to end over the last couple months. We found out just before the 2 part, hour finale of season 8 that the show was cancelled and this was the last we would see of the Botwins and friends. I was both upset and relieved.
While watching I was glad to see everything wrapping up in a very predictable sort of way. I needed the closure. Over the years I began to hate Nancy, and then I started to hate everyone else one by one. Silas and every girlfriend he had and Shane with everyone he tried to make proud. I never hated Andy or Doug. I even found myself missing the characters that had thankfully gotten away from the Botwins even though they thought Nancy was so cool and wanted to be best friends. Like Celia.
I got really choked up during the last episode. It was out of control how different everyone looked at the end. I'll miss when we were left hanging at the end of EVERY episode, with no idea what to expect next, knowing it would be totally unrealistic, and screaming at Nancy for being a horrible crazy person and mother. She makes bad decisions. I'm glad it's over. But I'm still pretty sad.
What was once this, turned to this.
I'll leave you with a couple pictures that make me happy.
And now I miss Pushing Daisies.
No comments:
Post a Comment